Tabernacle Christian School of Monroe, NC is thankful to be one of the private, Christian Schools in Union County. Below are a few facts that we believe you will find interesting about Union County, NC.
- Union County is the sixth fasted growing county in the United States.
- Union County has over 4,200 privately owned business establishments.
- Union County retail sales (2009): $1.16 billion
- Union County median household income: $63,190
- Union County Seat is Monroe, North Carolina.
- Union County has approximately 70,798 homes.
- Union County area is 640 sq. miles.
- Union County experienced a 62.8% growth in population between 2000-2010.
Population in year 2000 was 123,777
Population in year 2010 was 201,292
- Union County Municipalities:
Fairview, NC (pop. 3,324)
Hemby Bridge, NC (pop. 1,520)
Indian Trail, NC (pop. 33,518)
Lake Park, NC (pop. 3,422)
Marshville, NC (pop. 2,402)
Marvin, NC (pop. 5,579)
Mineral Springs, NC (pop. 2,639)
Monroe, NC (pop. 32,797)
Stallings, NC (pop. 13,831)
Unionville, NC (pop. 5,929)
Waxhaw, NC (pop. 9,859)
Weddington, NC (pop. 9,459)
Wesley Chapel, NC (pop. 7,463)
Wingate, NC (pop. 3,491)
- The top 5 employers of Union County:
Union County Schools
Carolinas Medical Center - Union
Tyson Farms, Inc.
County of Union
- Union County private school enrollment is 1,610.
- Union County's oldest private, Christian School is Tabernacle Christian School (since 1972). TCS is the largest private school in Monroe, NC.
- Union County Public Library:
316 East Windsor St. (Main Branch)
Monroe, NC 28110